For the past three months I’ve been working on pyMTurkR: An R package to interface with MTurk’s Requester API. It’s a replacement for / successor to the now defunct MTurkR package. I’ve used MTurk as a source of convenience sample data for a lot of my social science research, and I like to use R for automating a lot of MTurk tasks like granting bonuses, approving assignments, etc. I didn’t want to see R support for the MTurk API go away, so as soon as I heard the API on which MTurkR was based was going away and MTurkR would no longer work, I decided to roll up my sleeves and build a replacement.
Well today marks a major milestone in the development of pyMTurkR package: the first alpha build – now with 100% functional coverage of the API.
I'm excited to announce the first alpha build of pyMTurkR: An R package to interface with MTurk's Requester API. This is a successor to the now obsolete MTurkR, with support for the latest MTurk API version 2017–01–17. #rstats #MTurkhttps://t.co/QCBwKf63GI— Tyler Burleigh (@tylerburleigh) August 18, 2019